Comments [10]

Anonymous
Love the author's notes. Thank you very much for translating them. Knowing the author's intention is reassuring.
cly1212
hmm well for me, I get what the author is saying but i don't totally agree with it. If the victim doesn't say she's a victim there's really no case.

But author was speaking on an outsider's perspective she knows they both like each other. But Wen Jin doesn't know that. In her character design she is not upright but disciplined and more often have control of the situation, will she be willing to lose a friendship or whatever she built just because she lost control?

Plus Author kinda relied too much on the double standard, it was like if it's beneficial for you then accept it. This definitely turned me off but I only have the author to blame, that scene can do without or maybe change into something more comical. Author ruined the character, the only saving factor that made me brush this off was 1. the 75 previous chapters of fluff, I have developed a Stockholm Syndrome for the characters. 2. Knowing that this is fiction.

But still Wen Jin ought to be in jail for this
Anonymous
I agree. Wen Jin doesn't know ruanruan likes her. Author's ex gf also doesn't know that she likes them. It just so happen that they did, but doing these things without consent is still a xsr. Good thing it's just fiction, and I have read hetero couple in chinese novels who did worse. I have higher tolerance to queer people ://
Anonymous
I can understand ruanruan’s reaction. Ruanruan is having a crush with wen jin. In real life, who doesn’t fantasize about their crush doing things? Also, having a crush to someone who you think is beyond reach will make you doubt yourself. Like, are you worthy enough? Should you make your self better first? Unless you are too narcissistic who thinks everyone can fall for you.
Harassment also has double standards. When you like the one who did it, it is ok. When you don’t like that person, it is harassment. Outsiders is just outsiders, imposing their own standards to others.

For wen jin, i admire her. It is hard to open up your feelings especially if there is friendship in line. Once confessing, either make it or break it.
Anonymous
I found it more cringy in TATAP, QY always kiss or hug LZQ, isn’t that more harassment?
Anonymous
yeah but LZQ is an adult, she can easily say no with the hugs and kisses but ruan ruan is asleep. she can't do anything abt it
Anonymous
It is not consensual, the other party is not only sleeping but drunk as well. It does not matter if they like each other or not.
Anonymous
Ok I see the author’s point but that’s still fucked up. Also all those other examples of girls touching/kissing each other are very different from this example of Wen Jin touching Jinghong while she’s literally unconscious. I wouldn’t have such a problem if they’d both been awake when Wen Jin did that. I also feel bitter bc now what should have been a cute confession scene is tainted by the bitter aftertaste of what happened before.